When I qualified as a teacher all those years ago, back in 1988, I knew that teaching had many different aspects to it. I knew that teaching was not just standing in front of the students and talking at them. Over the years I have learnt many things that have helped me to become a better teacher (and, of course, I don't always get it right) but I never dreamed that teaching would include the event management that took place today!
The PYPX process focusses on learning and today was a culmination of that. The children were able to show their new knowledge, connections they had made and present them to an audience. The students were excellent in preparing and organising their stations (we had a few hiccups but these were ironed out quickly); they spoke in front of various audiences- parents, grandparents, teachers, ES children (from Prep to 4th grade) and SrS children- and showed their understanding and learning well. The children organised their IT: they plugged their computers into the walls and floors, they charged their laptops, loaded their USB sticks, showed videos and powerpoint presentation. They gave constructive feedback to their peers and reflected on the day.
When the Exhibition had finished the class were full of different emotions and thoughts. They have had a roller coaster of a day (mainly with highs, I think!) They will feedback to us tomorrow so we can try to make improvements for next year. In the meantime enjoy a few pictures from the day:











Dear 5.3. Well, that was exhausting, wasn't it?? But wasn't it GREAT at the same time? I thoroughly enjoyed visiting your displays today, and only wished I had more time to do so at leisure! I do declare, that 5.3 had the most colorful, inventive, eye-catching displays all around! Well done for providing us with such great examples of displaying your inquiry, you are very positive role models for us in 5.4! I hope you enjoyed the day, congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day! I enjoyed the presentations, movies, the working models and experiments you showed me. I was impressed, not only with what you know, but also with the way you presented this acquired knowledge. I think you all can be proud and celebrate the success. Thank you for sharing this experience.
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed the whole day! Well done kids, you all did a fantastic job!
ReplyDelete