Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Busy, busy, busy

In the past two days:
  • Books have been read
  • Conclusions have been drawn
  • Ideas have multiplied
  • Numbers have been added, subtracted, divided and multiplied
  • Explanations have been given and discussed
  • Surveys have gathered data
  • Thoughts have been gathered
  • Plans have been made
  • Recounts have been written
  • Writing has been proof read and spellings have been checked
  • Conversations have been had 
  • Suggestions have been discussed and shared
  • Research is going on
  • Inquiry is happening
  • Predictions have been made
  • Hypotheses have been suggested
  • Blog entries have been written
  • Co constructed assessment criteria has been agreed
  • Experiments are being tried out
  • Knowledge is being synthesised
  • In short the children are having fun as they learn and do.


I







The children are working hard in their literacy, maths and PYPX.

Below, as promised, is a copy of the assessment criteria as constructed and agreed by the children. They will use this to self assess, to peer assess and to be assessed by the teachers. This is in addition to the student roles and exhibition criteria as detailed in the PYPX blog (click on link at top right of this blog for details).


Knowledge
I show an understanding of my transdisciplinary theme in the PYPX process.

I show an understanding of my issue and how it is connected to the theme.

I use my knowledge and show enthusiasm to learn more.
Concepts
My concepts are clearly related to my central idea.
My inquiry clearly shows that it is concept-driven.
I can show how my concepts are related to my Inquiry.
Skills
My exhibition shows use of the 5 skills:
·      Thinking

·      Research

·      Communication

·      Social

·      Self Management

Attitudes
I have shown evidence of the Learner Profile and attitudes.

I have taken care with my inquiry and my exhibition and done as good a job as I possibly can.
Action
My action shows evidence of the other four elements: knowledge, concepts, skills
and attitudes.

My action shows evidence of commitment to the issue.




The children will be assessed on a continuum of limited to thorough. They will bring their PYPX Journals home in the next few days to share with you (details to follow)



No comments:

Post a Comment